Community Care of the Sandhills (CCS) is committed to respecting the rights of all patients receiving care management services. Our staff will explain those rights to you as well as what is expected from you as a patient.
Patients who receive services from CCS have the right to:
- Ask for information about programs and services.
- Receive information that is easy to understand.
- Ask about network staff and their qualifications.
- Be informed about any contract relationships.
- Make a decision not to participate in programs offered by CCS.
- Make a decision to stop participating in programs offered by CCS.
- Know the staff members that will provide their care management services.
- Know who to ask to change care managers.
- Have network staff support decisions patients make about their health care.
- Receive information about all care management-related services available to them, even if a service is not paid for by Medicaid.
- Discuss service options with their physicians and other medical providers.
- Have personal and medical information kept confidential.
- Be told who has access to their information.
- Know how CCS ensures security, privacy and confidentiality.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect by network staff.
- File complaints with CCS.
- Be instructed on how to file the complaint.
- Receive information such as the time frames for responding to and resolving any complaints.
- Complaints may be filed:
- On-line at https://complaint.n3cn.org/form/webform.asp
- By phone at 910-246-9806; ask for the Complaint Coordinator
- In writing and mailed to:
Community Care of the Sandhills
P.O. Box 5389, Pinehurst, NC 28374
Patients receiving services from CCS have the responsibility to:
1. Listen to the advice offered by network staff.
2. Give staff correct and complete information so they can provide the right services.
3. Notify CCS if they decide to stop participating in the program.